The 3-day trip to Ucluelet and Tofino was a great weekend getaway to end Summer 2015! Here’s how we spent our weekend:
– 8:30 am: Took the ferry from Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) to Nanaimo. The ferry ride was about hour and a half, which is not bad at all.
– On the way to Port Alberni to get groceries, we stopped over Little Qualicum Falls in Nanaimo.
– After Port Alberni, we drove to Ucluelet for two and a half hours, and went straight to Surfs Inn (our little home during the weekend)
Saturday (Rain. Rain. Rain):
– Drove to Tofino for 30 minutes from Ucluelet
– Surfing lessons at Tofino Surf School. It was raining the whole day but… rain = the best waves! Lucky us!
– We went to the Little Beach in Ucluelet around 7 pm to watch the sunset. But because it was raining the whole time, sunset wasn’t as beautiful! So we decided to have a little evening picnic instead.
– Wild Pacific Trail we gooooo! If you’re planning to visit the trail because of the light house, I do recommend you to drive at the very end of the road, where you’ll see the “visitor parking” sign. Park there and you’ll be in the light house in no time (basically 2 minutes). As for us, we walked down the trail and it took us around 15 minutes to reach the lighthouse. It’s a really easy peesy trail, and you’ll love the view on the way for sure! See photos below: